Wowie Zowie, do I have a lot of questions. I just looked over my blog posts from the last quarter, and I have far more questions about mathematics teaching methods now than I did at the beginning of the quarter. I must be really good at math.
Another exciting result of my blog review's metacognitive process is that I now feel much more empowered in my ability to provide more equitable educative experiences for all students. I see how group-worthy tasks in which students have designated roles and are assigned randomly creates access to opportunities for understanding for everyone. I even know how to make a mathematical group-worthy task.
Technology's rising role in equitable education and the complete change of my conception of mathematics teaching technology has catalyzed, makes me really excited to be involved with technology and math education. I am so looking forward to having all students bring in some data of something from their outside-of-school lives and understand it better mathematically. I am equally excited to help guide every student in understanding math better to take back to use throughout their outside-of-school lives.
Finally, I am going to use manipulatives in my main placement. They aren't used right now, but I have seen and personally experienced far too much in terms of manipulatives to ever convince me that they aren't invaluable tools for every single student to use at least sometimes.
I know the new mathematical teaching understandings I came to this quarter will not only help me be a better teacher, but they have definitely, definitely helped me become a better mathematics learner, a skill I want to pass on to everyone I meet.
Another exciting result of my blog review's metacognitive process is that I now feel much more empowered in my ability to provide more equitable educative experiences for all students. I see how group-worthy tasks in which students have designated roles and are assigned randomly creates access to opportunities for understanding for everyone. I even know how to make a mathematical group-worthy task.
Technology's rising role in equitable education and the complete change of my conception of mathematics teaching technology has catalyzed, makes me really excited to be involved with technology and math education. I am so looking forward to having all students bring in some data of something from their outside-of-school lives and understand it better mathematically. I am equally excited to help guide every student in understanding math better to take back to use throughout their outside-of-school lives.
Finally, I am going to use manipulatives in my main placement. They aren't used right now, but I have seen and personally experienced far too much in terms of manipulatives to ever convince me that they aren't invaluable tools for every single student to use at least sometimes.
I know the new mathematical teaching understandings I came to this quarter will not only help me be a better teacher, but they have definitely, definitely helped me become a better mathematics learner, a skill I want to pass on to everyone I meet.
No comments:
Post a Comment